Equal parts advocate and builder, I believe technology is telling the story of our time. I select for projects that expand equity and access, and put information in people’s hands when they need it most.
- I am the Co-Founder & Executive Director of #MovingForward, a global social movement using policy to create a more diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free venture capital industry (more in The Atlantic, WIRED, CNN, Recode, Pando, Bloomberg, and Institutional Investor).
- I was a tech policy fellow at The Aspen Institute, where I worked on cybersecurity for older adults and utilizing software development techniques in policymaking.
- I marched on Washington for reproductive rights before I could walk, and launched the Eve app, putting critical birth control and sexual health information in the pockets of millions worldwide.
- I am fullstack: backend, frontend, and iOS.
- I was a software engineer at Uber, where I built the backend for global phone support. I also built self-serve refund algorithims and a brand new delivery experience on iOS for Uber Eats.
- I’m intrigued by voice UIs and what it means to code a conversation. I’ve built an Alexa Skill for baking my favorite banana bread, and prototyped Uber Eats on Alexa for a company hackathon.
- I’ve written for The Atlantic, Protego Press, 6x8 Press, Project Include, Uber Engineering, and Harvard Political Review, among others.
- I also blog from time to time.
- I worked at NPR, where I published an ahead of its time take on ice cream, and other stories.
- I’ve presented on tech ethics and policy at All Tech Is Human NYC and the Aspen Cyber Summit.
- I’ve presented on Power Imbalances in Venture Capital at Harvard Business School, Bloomberg, Tech Inclusion, Slush, STATION F, and others.
- Crunchbase: From Helsinki: Spot and #MovingForward on Harassment Reporting in the #MeToo Era
- CNBC: Here’s how online scammers prey on older Americans, and what they should know to fight back
- The Colorado Sun: A startup asks potential investors: Have you faced sexual harassment complaints?
- Journalism.co.uk: Tip: Get your op-ed picked up by a major publication
- Fortune - The Broadsheet: “Protect your investment”
- Deutschlandfunk Kultur: “Microsoft-Forscherin Danah Boyd fordert ‘Stunde der Wahrheit’”
- Techworld: “EF’s Alice Bentinck talks #MovingForward and the need for more diversity in VC”
- Bloomberg Radio: “Investors Commonly Fund People Who Look Like Them”
- WIRED: “Inside the group fighting to purge sexism from Europe’s VCs”
- Les Echoes: “#MovingForward lutte contre la discrimination dans l’investissement”
- American Enough: “Stopping Sexual Misconduct in Silicon Valley”
./ Funny Facts
- I once held the Guinness World Record for world’s longest phone call.
- I started a book club that now has over 125 members.
- In my prime I sold 18,000 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.